About Me

My photo
Madison, WI, United States
A few roles I take on include artist, teacher and parent. I make art, and also love to craft in paper.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Change is good?




I have taken the plunge and opened up a new shop on Etsy to showcase my fine art. I have kept my journals at Art Kitten, but thought I would make it look cohesive by leaving the artwork out. So you can now find it at Susan Schaffer Fine Art. There is of course positives and negatives about this, the negative being that you can't see any of my sold paintings and prints on the new shop, so it looks like I am new to selling my art on Etsy. We will see how it goes...

Please tell me what you think of the new shop!

5 comments:

Michele Maule said...

Your new shop looks great Susan!
It's cohesive and easy to shop.
Keep us updated on how things go with it.
I am curious to find out.
I've thought about opening up a second shop for awhile, and I would like to know how things go with you.

Art Kitten said...

Thanks Michele, I will let you know how it goes.

Unknown said...

Hey there!

I'm kinda dropping by randomly (& kinda dropping by to hit you with my EC) to tell you about this new selling site I found. It's called ArtFire.com & you should check it out.

It's still really, really new (still in beta) but it's heading in a really good direction! They are already buying advertising online & in print magazines to bring in traffic to the site. (It's already got almost as much traffic as indiepublic.com)

It's got stats for shop views so you know where your customers are coming from! I know! Gasp! Faint! Right? hehe

& it's just $7 a month (for the first 5000 artists) to list & sell as much as you can FOREVER. $7 a month no matter what! I signed up on that alone! haha

Anyhoo, it is new so there aren't zillions of people using it (which is good & bad) but I thought you might want to take a look at it. With the ad campaign they are working on kicking in soon (or so they are saying), I think it's going to be a good place to start listing!

If you sign up, give me a yell & let me know what you think!

Always,
Amy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ThePeachTree said...

Oh honey, it's GORGEOUS!! But seriously, raise your prices. Raise them, raise them!!