About Me

My photo
Madison, WI, United States
A few roles I take on include artist, teacher and parent. I make art, and also love to craft in paper.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Confession

Hello, my name is Susan Schaffer, and I am a geek. And I am a crafter. Sometimes it is hard to be both. I love my comic books, my sci fi, my rpg's and especially my newest toy, Rock Band 2, which we got last night. I am reminded of the article in the Storque awhile back about a husband and wife, the husband was a gamer and the wife was a crafter. I am both rolled into one (although my husband is a complete geek as well, and I wouldn't have it any other way). I have had to give up the geek in me a little because the crafting part has definitely taken over, but now that we have our Xbox360 (which feels a little sacrilegious to me because I am a devoted Nintendo user, but I certainly can't afford a Wii).


I have to force myself to stay out of the bedroom lest I be tempted to spend all my time on it, rocking out, or searching new worlds. I have reserved that time to the hours of 7:30 to 9:30 at night. I hope I can stay a good girl and keep those hours!

Any other geek girls out there?

7 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

I have heard that Rock band 2 is loads of fun. One of my good friends and I are thinking a party with couples playing that and drinking wine would be a lot of fun. A few years back I was obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog, but my son's moved on to other games and I got a laptop :) When I try to play anything with them now they just cream me, it's so sad.

Michele Maule said...

I myself am a Nintendo devotee as well, I have begged Michael to get an awesome job when he graduates just so we can afford to get a Wii :) Hehe.
We have the play station at home in Portland...but I rarely play it...
I think My room mate Jeremy might have gotten an xbox while we were gone. Maybe I'll have to give that a whirl!

wunderbug said...

i suppose you could call me a geek by default... my boyfriend is a chronic nerd who eats, sleeps, and breathes all things star wars and comic book. (his blog's at http://thementalkavity.blogspot.com, if you're at all interested..)

the extent of my personal geekery extends to battlestar galactica and terminator: the sarah connor chronicles. oh, and old school nintendo (woo super mario!). they lost me as soon as they added additional buttons to the controllers beyond A,B,X + Y.

yeesh. i'm only so coordinated, you know?

(oh, and i LOVE those buttons. saw them when i first found etsy a few years ago and was gonna buy them for mike.. hilarious!)

Art Kitten said...

wunderbug -

I know, I bought them for myself and Nathaniel! I am also an enormous fan of Battlestar, I don't miss an episode.

I will check out your boyfriend's blog too!

Jessica Marie said...

i am a total geek. and so is my husband. we totally love it

Jessica Marie said...

bsg lover here too!

w said...

30 years ago with "Hermes" Chinese, English, brand name "Hermes", a registered non-Chinese brand.Thirty years later, when you can see the "Cheap Louboutin Ankle BootsHermes" is a record of the clothing, the judge called for the cancellation of a rejection of "Hermes" trademark is a brand known for its own in China, based on that.He was sentenced in court.The court upheld the judge's decision "Hermes" in the clothes of the future will be the "Hermes" in 1977 "Hermes" and graphics Bian Xiang office of trademarks in China to apply for registration as it has been approved to be.been registered in the country.It is assumed that the trademark brand in the mainland of England does not have a registered trademark of China, Dec. 25, 1995 as a clothing company known for the registration of the trademark "Hermes" and the Office of Trademarks of clothing and other offices, trademarks andAfter the initial examination and approval and publication, the "Hermes" brand appeal Elmes,